It has been an extraordinary two months and once again, the team here at Aspiring Medical would like to say thank-you to all our patients and the wider community for your ongoing support and understanding during this time.
Now that New Zealand is moving to Alert Level 2 on Thursday 13 May, we would like to update you with how we will be operating over this period.
Doctor/Nurse Practitioner Consultations
We would like to welcome back Dr Mark Edmond, who has been doing a fantastic job swabbing patients at the Queenstown Community Based Assessment Centre for Covid-19.
Phone and Virtual Consultations
- In the interest of keeping our community and staff safe and continuing with the incredible effort New Zealand has made to contain COVID-19, we will continue to encourage telephone and virtual consultations where appropriate. These are standard 15 minute appointments. If it is determined during your phone or virtual appointment that you need to be seen in-person, your treating clinician will arrange a time and channel for you to access the medical centre.
- Phone and virtual consultations can be booked via our online patient portal, ConnectMed, or alternatively by calling our friendly reception team on 03 443 0725.
- Phone and virtual consultations have been a great success and we will continue to offer these services beyond Covid-19 restrictions, when life returns to our ‘new normal’.
GP Call-Back Service
- If you feel you need to be seen on the day, for an in-person appointment, we will be offering our GP call-back service. This provides a short assessment to determine urgency of an appointment and is a quick call (i.e. less than 5 minutes). If the doctor is able to resolve your issue over the phone in this time (e.g. issuing a repeat prescription) then it save you the time and cost of a full consultation.
- Please phone reception on 03 443 0725 to request a GP call-back.
- Aspiring Medical are proud to be a part of ‘Love Wanaka, Supporting Local’ and are offering a 10% discount to enrolled patients, for standard Nurse Practitioner consultations.
- Payment for all consultations is being taken at the time of booking. If you are experiencing financial difficulty at the moment, please discuss the option of a payment plan with one of our friendly reception team.
Nurse Appointments/Blood Tests
- Routine nursing and laboratory services will resume in Alert Level 2.
- Our waiting room will remain closed during Alert Level 2. Please phone us when you arrive in the carpark. A staff member will then advise you of the entry process.
- We ask that all patients use hand sanitiser on arrival and departure from the medical centre.
- If you are invited to the practice for an in-person consultation, please be aware that we no longer accept cash payments.
- Patients will be screened within 24 hours of their appointment to ensure the continued safety of our community and staff.
- Our team will continue to practice the highest levels of infection control, including use of Personal Protective Equipment as appropriate, strict hand hygiene and cleaning procedures.
Aspiring Medical is a designated COVID-19 testing centre.
- If you are feeling unwell and have respiratory symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or a runny nose; have a fever; or have lost your sense of smell, call us on 03 443 0725.
- Book your swab and help to stop community spread.
- The flu vaccine is now available to all.
- If you are a business owner, have you thought about vaccinating your staff?
- Please phone our friendly reception team on 03 443 0725, to book your vaccine now.
- Our online patient portal, ConnectMed, gives you secure access to your health information.
Level 1 access enables you to:
- Book appointments
To join, follow this link https://www.connectmed.co.nz/practice/aspiring-medical-centre
Level 2 access enables you to:
- Book appointments
- View lab results
- Request repeat prescriptions
- Send secure messages to the doctors
- Simple, follow-up queries are free of charge. If your request is complex, you may be asked to make an appointment for a consultation and/or pay a fee for the service. Please note, this is a non-urgent service.
- Access your medical records
If you do not have access to Level 2 on ConnectMed, please come into Aspiring Medical with photo I.D. to register, once New Zealand has moved to Alert Level 1.
- To date, we have used our patient management system when sending out patient newsletters. Moving forward, we will be using ConnectMed. If you would like to continue receiving our newsletter, please join ConnectMed.
- Like many of you, the last couple of months have provided us with the opportunity to do a bit of ‘housework’! We have a number of old film x-rays, dated 2010 and prior. If you would like to keep your old films, please email us at [email protected] prior to 1 June 2020. Any not collected after this date, will be destroyed.
We encourage everyone to stay safe during Alert Level 2 and remember the importance of social distancing, as we start to move around more.
The team at Aspiring Medical Centre